The only poet which is a statue was erected to his poem
Today is the birthday of one of the Uzbek people’s lovely poet Matnazar Abdulhakim. For the poet’s poem “Darsdan so’ng” (After the lesson) in Ellikqal’a there is erected a monument to “Muallimga mangu ehtirom” (Eternal tribute to a teacher) and he is the only poet to have a statue in his poem. We would like to present Matnazar Abdulhakm’s poems which were translated by A’zam Obidov.
The man with a cut hand
Feels a searing pain
of the mythic hand.
I missed you so much.
I am in torment.
Are you feeling sore
At this moment?
There is a house
A cold splendor reigns
All the time
And strict order makes it
Is very neat.
People enter there
On the hearts
Wiping their feet.
- Uzbekistan increased the export of textiles
- Uzbekistan: Cases of human trafficking have decreased six times
- Another 7 companies will start producing cars in Uzbekistan
- How much investment was attracted to Uzbekistan in 2020?
- Permanent population of Uzbekistan reaches 34.5m people
- Samarkand ELXOLDING is about to start producing electric motorcycles