A number of important documents have been signed during the historic visit
Following the results of the negotiations within the framework of the state visit of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev to the Republic of Tajikistan, the heads of the two states signed the Joint Statement on strengthening friendship and good-neighborliness and the Agreement on certain areas of Uzbek-Tajik State border.
In addition, 27 documents aimed at further development of cooperation in the spheres of trade, economy, investment, finance, transport and transit, agriculture, water and energy, taxes, customs, tourism, education and science, healthcare, culture, interregional cooperation, in the field of security and combating crime were signed.
This solid package of documents creates a new legal framework for further comprehensive development of mutually beneficial relations between the two countries and fraternal people.
At a meeting with mass media representatives, Shavkat Mirziyoyev and Emomali Rahmon noted that the negotiations were held in the spirit of mutual respect, trust and constructive exchange of views, this historic visit became an important step for reaching agreements, corresponding the interests of the sides and will bring the cooperation between Uzbekistan and Tajikistan to a qualitatively new level.
– We discussed current issues of strengthening relations between Uzbekistan and Tajikistan in political, trade-economic, transport-communication, energy and other priority areas. The reached agreements are of great importance not only for our people, but also for the entire region, – said Shavkat Mirziyoyev.
President Shavkat Mirziyoyev presented to the Head of Tajikistan a book “Treasury of Love”, published in Uzbek, in which selected works of the outstanding poet Abdurakhman Jami are collected.
The President of Uzbekistan invited the President of Tajikistan to visit the country at any time convenient for him. The invitation was accepted with satisfaction.
The sides reaffirmed the mutual desire for development of relations between the two countries based on mutual trust, friendship and good-neighborliness.
During the business forum and the National industrial exhibition of Uzbekistan, trade agreements were concluded for more than $143 million, as well as an agreement on provision of trade financing by leading Uzbekistan banks for $100 million.
The state visit of the President of Uzbekistan to the Republic of Tajikistan continues.
- Uzbekistan: Cases of human trafficking have decreased six times
- Another 7 companies will start producing cars in Uzbekistan
- How much investment was attracted to Uzbekistan in 2020?
- Permanent population of Uzbekistan reaches 34.5m people
- Samarkand ELXOLDING is about to start producing electric motorcycles