Uzbekistan took 8th rank among the countries which export raisins to Japan
Uzbekistan took 8th rank among the countries which export raisins to Japan. Today, the supply of dried fruits to the sun rising land is growing rapidly. They are sold in Japan’s largest online stores – Rakuten, Amazon, Yahoo, as well as, delivered to confectionery factories under the trade name “Silk Road Fruits”.
Japan’s Global Silk Road Inc., which imports dried fruits from Uzbekistan has signed contracts with domestic manufacturers for 500 000 US dollars.
Correspondent of “Dunyo” information agency talked with the president of “Global Silk Road Inc.” Yosuke Shamoto, interested in developing trade cooperation and the company’s future plans.
– During 2009-2012 years I have worked in the field of education through the Japan international cooperation agency (JICA), – said the Japanese businessman. – At that time, I have wanted to take part in the progresses development of Uzbek-Japanese cooperation.
In December 2017, my friend and I met with Global Silk Road Inc. to bring Uzbek products, mainly dried fruits, to the Japanese market. We founded his company. It should be noted that the dried fruits of Uzbekistan are world famous for their unique taste.
- Uzbekistan: Cases of human trafficking have decreased six times
- Another 7 companies will start producing cars in Uzbekistan
- How much investment was attracted to Uzbekistan in 2020?
- Permanent population of Uzbekistan reaches 34.5m people
- Samarkand ELXOLDING is about to start producing electric motorcycles