Taekwondo and sport activities
Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Large-scale activities aimed at formation of a healthy life-style in society, creation of up-to-date facilities for youth so that they would be regularly engaged in physical training and sports, reassuring the belief of youth in their own courage, strength and opportunities through sports, formation of a sense of patriotism, devotion to the ideas of independence, systematic organization of selecting talented sportsmen among youth, as well as further development of physical culture and sports are being conducted in our country.
Representatives of our country are achieving the highest results in Olympic and Asian games, World and Asian championships and other international sport competitions. In particular, Taekwondo WTF is developing at an accelerated pace in the republic, this type of sport is becoming more popular by including it in the program of three-staged sport competitions as “Umid nihollari”, “Barkamol avlod” and Universiade.
In the years of independence, our sportsmen won 44 gold, 64 silver and 71 bronze medals at prestigious international sport competitions in this sport, which further enhances both the sporting potential of our country and the authority of Uzbekistan throughout the world.
In order to further develop Taekwondo WTF, improve the system of training highly qualified sports personnel:
1. The proposal of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the State Committee on Physical Culture and Sport, Uzbekistan Taekwondo WTF Association on establishing the faculty of “Taekwondo and sport activities” at the National University of Uzbekistan named after Mirzo Ulugbek shall be approved;
2. The following shall be determined as the main functions of the faculty:
to train highly qualified specialists who have mastered the methods of theoretical and practical training on Taekwondo WTF, its history, philosophy, classification, as well as capable of using modern pedagogical and information-communication technologies in the educational process;
to involve highly qualified national and foreign specialists and trainers in the training process using advanced international experience in training personnel in the sphere;
to train highly qualified trainers and teachers, to develop modern training programs and methods aimed at training professional sportsmen who will be able to take part at the international sport competitions worthily, increasing their knowledge and skills;
to form skills of physical training and sports among students, taking into account individual talents and abilities;
to prepare specialists who have high intellectual potential and profound knowledge in the field of sports;
to reveal and train talented sportsmen for forming the national teams of Uzbekistan;
to conduct in-depth scientific research aimed at introducing innovative methods in all fields of education and training, as well as on current problems of physical culture and sports;
to comprehensively strengthen and improve current educational-methodical, financial-technical basis, introduce pedagogical technologies, modern technical equipment into education, providing qualitative new level of training sportsmen.
3. The Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education and the Ministry of Finance shall form a quota of admission on such educational directions as Taekwondo WTF, organization and management of sports events at the National University of Uzbekistan named after Mirzo Ulugbek from 2018/2019 academic year;
4. The Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan shall adopt a governmental resolution, within two months, envisaging provision of the faculty with experienced specialists and teachers, creation of educational-methodical literature on specialized subjects, development of training programs, strengthening and budgeting the financial-technical basis of the faculty;
5. Proposal of Uzbekistan Taekwondo WTF Association on allocation of funds necessary for the reconstruction of sport buildings transferred to the faculty and equipping them with sport items shall be approved;
6. The Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan in collaboration with other concerned ministries and departments shall submit proposals to the Cabinet of Ministers on introducing amendments and additions to the legislative acts, arising from this resolution, within a month.
7. The control over the execution of this resolution shall be entrusted on the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan A.N.Aripov, the State Advisor to the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan A.N.Yunuskhodjayev, the Minister of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan I.U.Majidov, the Chairman of the State Committee on Physical Culture and Sport of the Republic of Uzbekistan R.D.Kurbanov.
President of the Republic of Uzbekistan SH.MIRZIYOYEV
- Petition for free registration of IMEI codes for mobile devices gains more than 18 000 votes in a day
- “Chorsu” hotel has been sold for 17 billion soums
- The president of Uzbekistan presented home to four Russian hockey legends from Tashkent
- People who were returned from Wuhan coronavirus wasn’t determined
- The only poet which is a statue was erected to his poem
- Uzbek sportsman Hasanboy Rakhimov was disqualified from the Olympic games because of doping